To demonstrate and gain bankability for project financing, a full scale demo site was constructed and commissioned successfully in Dimona, Israel, during 2014. The systems and process demonstrated are at full scale, so full scale projects will require only multiplying the same building blocks and not scaling up the technology.
The results where analyzed and double checked by Altermia, a 3rd party engineering firm from Spain, specialized with renewable technologies verification.
The main achievements of the demo plan are:
- Enhanced Parabolic Trough
- Collector area: 620 square meter
- New active vacuum receiver tube (bTube)
- Non hazardous Heat Transfer Media - DSG
- 550°C outlet temperature
- Fixed pressure piping, no ball joints or alternatives
- New floating field concept over rails
- 3rd party bankability report by Altermia